top of page

FOGS February Meeting Notes

February 9, 2022

Start 7:35

Gabe Slough Cummings

Heath Davis

Joy Tennent

Justin Hollister

Andy Distel

Lindsay Semph

Joanna Miner

M Chavez

Caitlin Sobotka

Elizabeth Leong

Amanda Eich

Genevra Knight

Pamela


Funding Requests

  • Old/Approved

    • Carnations - approved - Heath update

      • Program is up and running, Heath to deliver the money to Genevra to hold

    • Zoom request from LSC - Gabe

      • Genevra and Gabe working with LSC and we will have ability to run our meeting on the same link

    • Sports jerseys - Gabe update

      • Working through pricing and have sent out to our printer to put together a pricing estimate

      • Will go through a vote after this is completed

    • Flexible seating -

      • Nicole - survey

        • Heath re-created and sent from a CPS address and have been getting responses

        • Waiting for further results from survey prior to approving any future requests

      • Gabe/Genevra - Library

        • Everything has been received pending one piece

        • Genevra to follow up with Amazon to determine how to rectify the missing item

          • Gabe to follow up with Genevra post meeting

  • New

    • Mask recycling - Gabe

      • Seeking a mask recycling box at the school

      • Would seek to have Environmental Club and/or Girl Scout group to manage activity

      • Proposing to start with the smallest box at $90 for a one time trial period

    • Ballet Folkloriko - Gabe/Pamela/Maria

      • Pre-covid they were practicing every week and performing

      • They are seeing more requests for financial aid this year to help cover the cost for the instructor

      • Fees are $70/Session for a total of $1,470 for 21 sessions

        • Votes 9-0 yes to approve

          • Joy

          • Justin

          • Joanna

          • Heath

          • Genevra

          • Lindsay

          • Gabe

          • Caitlin

          • Amanda

  • Chairs Update

    • Genevra - Treasurer

      • No updated financial statements at this time, working to get updated with latest information and correct categorization

      • To provide next month with additional accuracy

    • Gabe -

      • All hands on deck for sponsorships

        • Big thanks to those who are working hard

        • If anyone needs help, please let us know

        • Focus on LBOTS then Gala

      • Merch - updates

        • Fulfillment

        • New pricing/potential partner for remaining orders

        • What to do with previous hoodies

          • Old merch was a hooded t-shirt and looking to re-print

          • Hooded t-shirts could be sold at a lower price to make up profit while lowering the stock

        • New product plan - wait until previous orders are fulfilled

          • Being hit by supply chain issues at this point

          • Will seek 8th grade volunteers for future orders for easier storage

    • Lindsay - LBOTS

      • Results of survey

        • All hands on deck for sponsors

        • Most survey results were in line with our current plans

        • Gabe and joy working to get LBOTs on the front page

    • Caitlin - GGT

      • Still working through dates

        • Deciding between end of April or in June

        • Looking for Heath, Andy, and Pamela to help promote sign ups

        • Gabe to put together an email after the call to share information

    • Mary - Cookbook

      • In last round of edits and finalizing Spanish translations

      • One more round of proofing to follow and then moving to print

      • Looking around for more local/lower cost options

    • Joanna - Dine & Donate, Recruitment

      • Running Wed Feb 16th-Saturday Feb 19th at Irazu

      • Joy to distribute flyers to go home

      • Gabe to check mailbox at school for the check from Mailbox

    • Joy - Website update

    • Heath - Gala, Raffle

      • Dyson, MHub, Omari, MSI, Space Architects and Planners, CEO of Cross Stitch, Jones Lang Lasalle, CPS Libraries, The Plant, Project Lead the Way, etc. are workshop presenters

      • Heath to follow up looking for members of committee

    • Logan Square Chamber of Commerce offered free booth at the Farmers Market Date TBD in May

45 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page