top of page

May 2021 FOGS General Meeting Notes

FOGS MEETING AGENDA

May 12, 2021

7:30pm


Start Time: 7:36pm


Board Members Present

Angie Yarusso

Andy Distel

Mary Nisi

Lindsay Semph

Jamie Militello

Nicole Dalesandro

Amanda Bull


  1. Intro & welcome

  2. Follow Up On Actions from last meeting

    1. Tech PD continues to happen at Goethe around the TV’s and is being received well

    2. How do we integrate Spanish speaking families into FOGS activities and ongoing conversation?

    3. Revolution Brewing Meeting - Mary connected with Rev Brew team and they would love to support us. We need to come up with something to propose to them. Is there something with the Cookbook?

      1. Could they do a big merch order for us (yard signs, banners, shirts, etc)?

      2. What can we do to incorporate the greater community? Nicole will think on this.

    4. Appreciation Days -

      1. S/O TO JAMIE AND ANDY

  3. Finance Update - Genevra



  1. Consider some of the fundraisers other schools are doing as options for us

  1. Goethe Garden Program - Amanda Bull

    1. Huu is handing the gardening reins over to Lisa Short. Do we have any garden program funds from a run last year?

    2. Nicole: no because of COVID; unsure what is still earmarked.

    3. Need to ask Genevra what’s still there

Initiatives Status /Updates:

  1. Cookbook Committee - Mary

    1. Cookbook creation - Rick connected us to a designer who finished the content and design of the book

    2. Next Steps

      1. Get the designer the missing photos

      2. Proofread the book - Mary and Amanda will do the English side, looking for someone to proof the Spanish side

        1. Will post on Facebook to get more families to help -- goal: find 10 people to do 10 pages each

      3. Decide on when to sell it (by end of year? Holiday gifts?) - can always contact 8th grade families later; would need to order in 3 weeks to pick up last week of school but we’d need to promote ASAP; can do this twice -- put it out now and order a second round for the holidays

      4. Joanna will write the dedication to Barb

      5. Schedule promotion (website, social media posts)

    3. Vote: Angie donated $1500 to cover the design fees and sent the donation through FOGS. Transaction went through on 5/10.

      1. Motion: Angie

      2. 2nd: Jamie

      3. 6-0 vote yes; motion passes

  2. STEAM - Angie

    1. Design DisEASE Challenge -

      1. Fundraising event will be June 5, 2021

        1. Mary will play music between presentations

      2. Need to start selling tickets to the virtual event

      3. Presentations will be live and event will be virtual

      4. Anyone know someone who can create a recap video of this for us? The STEAM partner workshops have been incredible and the kids are coming up with amazing ideas.

    2. Walk Bike Run A-Thon - Andy

      1. Will set up for beginning of next school year, think: Back to School Bash

      2. Start planning now

Funding Requests

  1. Mr. Lambert - Volleyball nets

    1. Can’t have the kind that go into the floor -- Facilities said no

    2. Jamie will ask Mr. Lambert to come to June FOGS meeting to discuss with the board to ensure we’re making the best possible choices

  2. REVISE FUNDING FOR COVID STAFF TO THE FOLLOWING:

  • It Was suggested that FOGS give us the money, we internally hold it and apply it to the Programs we need to cover that we drew from to pay the people.

  • The programs are two ON Line programs for instructional support that cover all subjects in both English and Spanish. When the check is written we need a letter that would say, we are giving $7,000.00 to be used for Educational and differentiated curricular resources to support curriculum for grades K-8.

  • FOGS needs more context from admin on what these programs are; Angie will let Barb know and we can put this to an email vote


33 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Hozzászólások


bottom of page