top of page

FOGS October Meeting

FOGS MEETING AGENDAS 2021-2022


October 13, 2021


Members present

  • Gabe Slough-Cummings

  • Justin Hollister

  • Heath Davis

  • Joanna Miner

  • Joy Tennent

  • Cait Sobotka

  • Amanda Eich

  • Andy Distel


Meeting Start: 7:35 PM


  • Goethe Fest Recap (Joanna and Mary)

    • Introduce new Program Template Form (Gabe)

      • FOGS Project Template

      • New project template was introduced to team with a test run with a file located on the shared drive

        • Used for next events to house the background information

        • Feedback:

          • Add a schedule to the template

          • Incorporate branding storage to keep consistent form

      • Event was a successful community engagement event

      • Brought in $1,000 from the raffle, the QR code Venmo option proved the most successful payment option

      • For future opportunities, we need to consider additional funding activities/donation opportunities

      • Additional items for lessons learned are located in the Goethe Fest Project Form

  • Funding Requests

    • New

      • Heath & Andy - Music Tech

        • Heath presented on STEAM Multimedia

          • Looking for kids to be able to produce music, news updates, podcasts using existing technology

          • Benefiting groups

          • Goethe Broadcasting Group

          • Advertisements (Future Environmental Club)

          • Student Yearbook

          • Music Program

          • Tech Needs ($11,520.88 before tax):

          • 2 Macbook airs

          • 3 iMacs

          • 1 Macbook Pro

          • 4 Blue Yeti Microphones

          • 1 Apple Magic Mouse

          • 1 USB to Thunderbolt adapter

          • 1 2TB External Hard Drive

          • 4 USB-C to HDMI Cable Adapter

          • 200+ Soundtrap student licenses

          • Question regarding the licenses: they are a per year purchase that would need to be renewed annually at a cost of $968

          • Heath and Andy to follow up with presentation after the meeting

          • Going to put the vote into an email vote of the board

      • Emily Albun will present at a future meeting regarding art needs

      • Andy - Ukuleles

        • Andy presented regarding purchasing ukuleles for the music program as an affordable, easy option for students

        • Purchased through Quinlan & Fabish:

          • 30 Student Ukuleles @ $65 each

          • 1 Teacher Tenor Ukulele $130

          • Total cost: $2,079

        • Additional items for upkeep would also be purchased

        • Andy to send presentation as follow up

        • Voting from board will occur over email

    • Safety team - Kiss N Go

      • Gabe approved a quick budget item for safety harnesses at $150

    • Funding Request form - review/approval

      • Funding Request Form

      • Form was updated to include additional in depth information

      • **Action Item for Team** review this form on the drive and provide feedback to Gabe

  • Treasurer Update (Genevra)

    • Payment and receipts process - how to get your vendors paid!

      • Was not able to make the meeting and item was tabled

  • Social team update

    • Project flow

      • Rebecca - New social team requests, social posts

        • If you need to share anything out through social, provide language to Rebecca

      • Amanda - Design needs for the team

      • Joy - Site updates

    • Social team planning/to-do list

      • Social Team To-Do List - 2021-22

        • Set up during the social team meeting for organization along with a calendar of items that need to be posted out

        • For future events, contact team to add to list for timing for getting information out

      • To get something added contact Rebecca and Gabe

    • One-sheet on prior funding projects

    • 125 logo

      • Will do an email vote for these items in follow up to meeting

      • Will use to fill out our merchandise

    • Content from Cassandra Volta

      • Will be taking a video at the school and completed editing for free with 15 second spots for social posts and one minute video on the FOGS website

      • The style will be informational regarding what a parent would want to see/know about the school

      • Any feedback or ideas can be sent to Gabe to get in contact with Cassandra

    • Content folder on drive

      • FOGS Social Content folder added to the shared drive for any acceptable photos that can be used

      • Additional spreadsheet is included for photo description

    • Website Audit: updates are pending translation effort and notes will be posted on the drive for anyone to add recommendations

  • Existing event/Fundraising Updates

    • Goethe’s Got Talent

      • Event is planned for in-person, teachers will encouraged to participate

      • There is going to be an after school mentor-ship program to polish vocal performances

      • Gallery space will be set up for artwork with potential to auction off pieces (STEAM Gallery)

      • Open call for mentor-ship for students to contact Cait & Gabe

      • To take place in one of the final Saturdays of January (22/29)

    • LBOTS

      • Still in initial planning stages

    • Cookbook

      • Going to proof before printing and then will send out Spanish version for proofing

  • New Event/Fundraising Proposals

    • Proposal for dine to donate to fundraise for the school

      • Could do once per month

      • Have received invitations from an organization

        • Wendys, Baskin Robbins, Dunkin Donuts are potential candidates

    • Fun Run - to benefit Garden (Gabe)

      • Lisa would do the heavy lifting but would want to run the fundraiser through the website

      • Donation level and notes for which kids are supporting

      • Need additional input from Genevra

    • Holiday Bazaar/Raffle - to benefit 8th graders/STEAM (Gabe)

      • Bazaar is run through the girl scouts

      • Would add a raffle to this existing event on the FOGS website

        • Free haircuts, wine, photography

        • Vote to occur over email

    • Goethe Store (Gabe)

    • Grants - do we want to recruit a chair and do we need LSC approval (Gabe)

      • Thought is that we would send out a call to the Goethe community for someone in their wheelhouse

    • STEAM Gala and monthly raffles (Heath)

      • Proposing evening event with partners and fundraise for STEAM.

      • Proposal to add a raffle function to the website and hold the money in the FOGS budget

      • Heath to send over talking points and costs for vote

  • 8th Grade Lunch Budget - discuss options

    • Item tabled for future discussion with Genevra present


Close meeting at 9:30PM



59 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page